Safety and Operational Integrity Leadership Commitment
As a non-operator with risk management at the core of its business, Nobel Upstream is committed to the safety and operational integrity of all its projects. We have developed the guidelines below to ensure that we act in accordance with this commitment in achieving our business objectives.
We believe that it is possible to operate in a high-hazard business at an acceptably low risk of harm. We are committed to the prevention of major hazard accidents and also to the continuous improvement of personal safety and security.
We will seek, as described below, to ensure the health, safety and security of our own staff and of the people who operate the hydrocarbon production facilities in which we have a material ownership interest.
To demonstrate our commitment to this belief and to achieve our objective, Nobel Upstream will take the following actions across all leadership levels in our organisation:
- Hold itself and its staff accountable and responsible for seeking to positively influence safety and operational integrity performance in any business where Nobel Upstream is a shareholder.
- Monitor and seek to influence the safety performance of partners and operators through active participation in formal and informal onsite reviews of operations and through active dialogue and challenge.
- Where necessary, establish and implement local policies for safety and operational integrity to ensure that all activities prevail at acceptably low levels of risk and comply with local laws and regulations.
- Establish proven emergency response plans to promote prompt restoration of good order and restitution for all foreseeable events involving Nobel Upstream staff.
- Ensure that all work related accidents and incidents involving Nobel Upstream staff, and/or staff within majority-owned businesses, are properly reported and recorded and, subsequently, investigated and lessons-learned identified.
- Take action to prevent, reduce or control occupational health risks to an acceptable level and reduce the potential for ill health in the workplace.
- Monitor and assess the security status of those places where we do business and the security risks associated with our operations and take action to minimize the impact of these risks.
48 Dover Street
London W1S 4FF
Phone: +44 0203 675 2335
General Enquiries: email@example.com
Media Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org